Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weekend Update Nov 12 2011

Unfortunately I am putting my car buying on hold..... I have gotten new brakes ($800), new bushings ($100)new radiator ($600), new air conditioning parts ($750) and now I am told the air conditioning compressor needs to be replaced because is has a slow leak.  Honda says it will eventually run out of coolant charge but still seems to be working fine.  I don't feel right selling it like it although no one would know the difference.  I took my ads down, never got any calls for the day or so it was up so I probably wasn't going to get what I wanted for it anyway.    Replacing the compressor will run me over $1,000...... no thanks.

In other news, if you google "nl car buying" my blog actually shows up in the top ten!  I can't imagine a lot of people are actually googling nl car buying so in retrospect calling my blog "new car buying in NL" may have been a better title.    But one person did find my site today with that search!

I am rotted with all of a sudden having these problems with the pilot, a radiator and air conditioning unit should not die after 4 1/2 years.  The brakes are understandable although this is the second time I have had them replaced.  I was hoping to get a few good stories from my car selling so I am going to have to give some thought to some new material..... I am open to suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment